Sunday 3 July 2011

simply Less is More #22 - Shades of Blue

Simply Less is More challenge #22 is SHADES oBLUE.  Cool blues!

I needed to make a birthday card for a boy urgently so took this opportunity to do a challenge as well.  As it happens, I'm giving him an iTunes card so my design was constrained accordingly.   Here it is:

The pocket did start out as a white piece of card.  Emboss-resist is one of my favourite techniques. What's new here (for me, at least) is using a brayer!  That was a challenge as I built up the colours.  The gradient was supposed to be vertical but, as you can see, it ended up horizontal.  No matter, I've got my shades of blue.

All products except ribbon and floss from Stampin Up

inks: Versamark, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise, Not Quite Navy
stamps: French Foliage, Playful Pieces, Bring on the Cake

I had visions of using scallop punches and all that but being a card for a boy, I restrained myself. ;)  The Baja Breeze cardstock looked a bit plain hence the raindrops (Marina Mist) and sponging of the edges.

I need more practice with the brayer methinks.

cheers,
Malyn

11 comments:

  1. Brayers are not that easy but I think you have done a great job Malyn. Lovely shades of blue for the LIM card. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shades of blue and the raindrops are fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card and I love the raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, fab idea to hold a voucher. Just orderd myself a brayer, Barbara Gray from Clarity makes it look so easy hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still practicing with my brayer. I think it's probably a skill that gets better the more you practice. LOVE your card!! My Card

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a super effect you've created Mayln
    Thank you very much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great. I bet he was pleased with it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, I have never tried using a brayer. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!