I created these for my daughters this Easter - quite a pretty way to hold those easter eggs, no?
These are really super-easy to make, especially if you use pretty paper to begin with. The larger ones above have stamped images for a completely personalised look.
Here's a quick tutorial.
You can use any size of paper. This tutorial uses 6"x6". In the feature image above, the large ones are 6"x12" and the smaller one is 6 1/2" x 4 1/2".
- Fold over a narrow strip
- Put some double-sided tape or strong adhesive (sticky strip is probably best)
- Adhere the other side to form a hollow cylinder
- Fold flat, having the 'seam' in the middle. Staple this opening close.
- Turn 90 degrees and punch hole/s (last photo shows 1 and 2 holes)
- Fill and close with ribbon
I've made these as party favours as well as place cards (place cards, favours, and table decoration all in one!)