Saturday 23 July 2011

PDCC 91 - A splash of RED

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #91 is A Splash of....and I chose RED.  I'm creating a brag book (8"x8") scrapbook of my 2 girls for my mum - you know I'm a "sentimental" crafter, right?  Anyway, this challenge was the perfect inspiration for my cover page - "simply us Sisters".


I had these beatiful B&W photos of my girls taken by their dad which capture a bit of their personality and bond.  This cover page is apt for what the scrapbook is about as well as the showing my kids simply as who they are....growing up.  This is my 7th layout and I've got such a loooong way to go.  You know, much as I'd love to give this away, I think it'll be tough as well.

This has been inspired by many of the DT gals work including:

I was going to do a dry-brush approach but don't really have the right red paint so I ended up using red chalk  (with fingers - messy fun!) which I saw in one of the DT gals blogs....this is why you go visiting DT gals' blogs.   My chalks are hardly ever dug out of storage so it was good to have the inspired nudge to do so.

Happy visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Darling pic and I love the hearts and twine :) Glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malyn this is a really lovely LO - love that the focus is on the pictures of your girls, and that your embellishments accent the focus - great use of the red too! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that linked, heart chain across the bottom of your design, Malyn! Such BEAUTIFUL, priceless photographs, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your circle and heart border is so awesome, love the dimension of it! Thank you so much for joining in on the color splash at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!