Tuesday 5 July 2011

PDCC 88 - Artistic Etchings

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #88 involves Red-ish/Orange...Yucky Yellow...Juniper  colours.  Lovely colour combo, for sure, but it took me a while to think of something particularly as I generally want to try something different.  That said, my cards always seem to look the same to me.  That said, a quick look at my cards in flipcard (or mosaic) view  shows that occasionally, I do come up with something a bit different (btw, if you use Blogger - you can also create a mosaic view - see how to here).

Right, better get posting as PDCC 88 is about to close!

Here's my entry this week.

Night-time here so this isn't the best shot. I tried a few but there's just too much shadow.  Oh well.

The deets:
stamps: Stampin Up Artistic Etchings
inks: SU Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight

It's pretty CAS - lots of white space but that 3D "bauble" must make up for it, surely. ;)  Also, no sentiments as I intentionally wanted to keep this card blank.  Besides, I really couldn't find any sentiment (or font) that suited the style.  What would you suggest? Script? Small?  Where?

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. I've just had exactly the same problem with lighting, it's difficult taking pics at night. Lovely card though! If I added a text (sometimes I don't, I think they are nice without) I would add something plain rather than scripty, above or below the ribbon, but I think it's great the way it is! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malyn :) great way to use the colours with that 3d bauble... thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and dimension, Malyn! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!