Wednesday 8 June 2011

Jac-Inks 10 - Sketch Challenge

Among the many benefits of doing challenges is an excuse to craft (read: avoid chores). :-)

I needed to make a new baby card so why not via a challenge? This time, it's with Jac-Inks. It's a sweet little sketch that lends itself to many possibilities. I stuck to it pretty much but I know this is one I'll definitely reuse, revise, remake.



Baja Breeze on Baja Breeze with just a hint of embossing for texture. Gotta love that.


stamps are all from Stampin Up: Fabulous Phrases, A Slice of Life
inks: Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, Classic Black
colouring via Wonder Crayons: Wild Wasabi, Baha Breeze, Soft Suede and Markers (Riding Hood Red)

The little punched heart is from the Owl punch - it uses the littlest of scrap card but it sure adds impact; balances out the heart on the jumpsuit, too.  The little ribbon (Marina Mist) also adds a little without overpowering the focus of the card.

I stamped the jumpsuit twice so I can pop it up. I was going to do the same for the heart on the jumpsuit but that proved too tricky for me; it was just too small.

I also had several goes with the sentiment, even with a stamp-a-ma-jig. I need a bit more practice using it methinks. :-)

On with the day now, I suppose.

Cheers all and have a lovely day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being the first entry to our sketch challenge at jac-inks. This is such a sweet card and the colours you've chosen add to the softness that is so "baby". Thanks for sharing with us and I'm glad you find the sketch inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!