Saturday 4 June 2011

CFC #5 and PDCC 84 - a fun card

I'm combining challenges again this week just for fun - something on the lighter side as my previous PDCC card was an emotional ride (a very good one I must add).

This card is for the following challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays #5 - sketch challenge (layout inspiration)
the Playdate Cafe Challenge #84 - colours: lavender, green, pinkish/red (colour and theme inspiration)

And look what I came up with (so fun):




Doesn't it just look like such a happy window? I was going to have a semi-circular window with a birdcage showing.  But the PDCC photo tipped me over to having a vase on the windowsill and stuck to the rectangular shape. 

The vase is obviously the focus and it has been stamped, sponged and punched - you wouldn't think it started out as a bit of scrap white card!   I just love this technique of using the Stampin Up ornament punch to make a vase (read more about this technique here).  Actually, I also "glazed" it with shimmer paint, fighting the temptation to put glossy accents on it which would have been too in-your-face here (IMHO anyway).

The curtain works! It's made from white tissue stamped with lavender flowers.  I put eyelets on the top so you can move it along a piece of string.  WHY? Because it's fun and I can be a little crazy sometimes.   The scallops which were part of the sketch made for a lovely pelmet to hide all the curtain fittings. :-)

all Stampin Up stamps: 
Pocket Silhouette, Bliss (vase), Apple Blossoms (sentiment), So Happy For You (flowers)

I don't talk much about adhesives but it might interest you that I used 5 different types here: foam mounts, glue dots, glue (pen) for some of the tiny leaves, tape and sticky strip (I don't want this window to fall). That's a record for me I think.  

I think having a lot of white keeps it in the CAS side of things. 

This was fun. 

Thanks to all the lovely comments everyone - I really do appreciate the time and effort you put in doing so.  

May your day be bright and may the outlook through your window fill you with happiness.

9 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love this!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malyn this is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing and playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative take on both challenges, Malyn! I love the look of the window--so sweet and inviting! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    Great take on my sketch.
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super creative and lovely take on the colors! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays and The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! I love the ornament punched into a vase, too!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun, Malyn! LOVE that you've made it interactive with that fun, curtain panel! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a neat concept and love that it's interactive and 3D. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!