Anyway, here's my second attempt. Design's slightly different than originally planned but it does incorporate all the techniques I wanted to include.
It's almost an OLC with all images stamped directly on the card. However, I thought the main butterfly needed a bit more focus so I popped on a frame.
Much as I'd like to share all the details, I don't have them all - lost details for sentiment and the focal butterfly. The background one is from the Stampin Up Cottage Garden set. What I can share fully are the techniques:
- Wet emboss (all the butterflies including main one + the frame in Dazzling Diamonds)
- Emboss-resist using Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass). I stamped the sentiment on first in black and then the butterflies using Versamark with clear embossing powder
- Dry emboss (I know you can barely see the line but it's there)....and, wait for it.....
- Acetate!!!! I thought I really had to give it another go (Mandi and Chris have a lot to answer for, haven't they?). It made the frame look real.
So while I didn't combine challenges this time, I combined techniques instead. Fun!!
In my last post (with stitching and bling), I asked for tips on taking photos and Valerie (CraftAttack) very kindly pointed me to Susan Goetter's tutorial. Thank you both. Unfortunately, I don't have a lamp like Susan's so my photo is still very yellow. I will try again tomorrow during daytime here.
|updated photo: taken during daytime. makes a difference methinks. :-)|
Finally, I love all your comments and wish I could visit all of you back. There is the time issue, of course. HOWEVER, perhaps you can make it a little quicker and easier for me (and all others you visit), if you please put in a quick link to your blog in the comment so I don't have to go via your Blogger profile. My IT tips page has a quick tutorial on how to do just that.