Wednesday 18 May 2011

CAS challenge - You're a Gem

I've been busy around the house and scrapping so haven't had much chance to do my favourite challenges. So, I thought I'd be a little clever and combine them.  Fortunately, Less is More #15 has the same challenge as Jac-Inks, i.e. embossing - ok LIMettes have options other than heat embossing, but similar enough. CAS-ual Fridays has the buttons and twine challenge. Now, I'm not sure this is strictly OLC as the buttons are embellishments??? Chris and Mandi - you can tell me off gently.

without further ado....


Yes, it is white-on-white! I'm so excited about it.

The original plan was to have the buttons in a symmetrical square arrangement with the dazzling one (embossed with Dazzling Diamonds) right in the middle.  As you can see, I challenged myself out of my comfort zone and went for the 'random' arrangement - I can tell you, a square would have been much easier! Also, I used different dimensionals to get some height variations....you probably can't tell from the photos.

A gem stands out in the crowd so I do like the double-meaning here.

The deets:

inks: Stampin Up Craft White (sentiment), Versamark (button)
stamp: SU You're a Gem set
others: SU/Sizzix Buttons #5, Dazzling Diamonds, baker's twine

I had lots of fun with this one!

Cheers all.

20 comments:

  1. White on white is spectacular, but you're design is beyond that! So lovely! Really great way to think outside the box. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, talk about CLEAN and SIMPLE! WAY to rock CAS! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so elegant and fun all rolled into one! Love the white on white, and the buttons and twine add so much texture and interest! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely monochromatic card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether or not it qualifies as a OLC it's still a great idea and a fab card!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Malyn, very striking and elegant. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Malyn, Gorgeous card, clever lady combining these challenges :0) Love your name by the way, it's beautiful and I've never heard it before, have fun:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Thanks for stopping in at my blog ...very kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this. I love the random arrangement and the white on white is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super card and I see that you've just glittered one button. Fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would have fitted our challenge last week too Malyn!
    It has lots of white space, and not too many embellishments, so Ok I say!
    Great card, love the sentiment
    Thank you so much
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! i love all the white :D
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love WoW and had so much fun last week checking them all out. Fab to see it again and white heat embossing hard to photograph but always classy. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. The white on white looks amazing! I love those buttons! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I love white on white - it is so amazing and the glitter highlights add that finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at jac-inks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. White on white is totally classy! Love the touch of embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Malyn, its so very elegant too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet this is gorgeous IRL. Super clever concept. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the buttons tied with string! Very nice embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so stylish. I also love white on white. It's a great feeling successfully moving out of our comfort zone.....great job. Thanks for joining us at Jac-inks.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!