Monday 18 April 2011

SLM 11- Acetate

I missed last week's SLiM challenge, and papercrafting, in general; shouldn't complain as we went for a fabulous family holiday in Eden - a spectacular part of NSW, Australia.  I did manage to read heaps, pick up knitting AND spend quality time with my husband and 2 girls.

Not even back 48 hrs, I feel a bit rusty and not altogether happy with my entry to this week's challenge using acetate.  Still, here it is.  While there are several embellishments, I think there's still enough whitespace for this to be CAS.  Please let me know if not.

I had lots of misses with using Stazon on the acetate -  too black, smudged, missed bits, etc. In the end I settled for just a small panel with the biggest 'clear' space AND stamped the lamp stand in burnished gold. The colour seeping through is from underneath, i.e. I didn't colour the acetate itself - so not quite the stained glass replica but near enough.

The lamp shade is lifted up with dimensionals and I applied glossy accents on the 'lead' bits.

The lamp stamp is from My Minds Eye and the sentiment is from an Inkadinkadoo set I think.

If I get inspired, I might have another go but I think I'd rather go visiting everyone else's work.

19 comments:

  1. It's a great card.I love that lampshade-it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malyn, I love your card, the lamp and the work you've done on it are fantastic, the sentiment fits perfectly. I love it!...soo much that I think they alone would be magic:0) I hope you have a great week. I'm really glad you enjoyed your holiday, Have fun:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one!
    The effect of the lamp is wonderful!
    The colours are great.
    The design is perfect LIM.
    What could be better?
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing so perfectly done I love it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful work on the lampshade - the sentiment I love in two colours. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Malyn! I love it! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty I like

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the lamp shade and brilliant sentiment too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Malyn this is one sassy card I love your design and the colours too
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love the originality of your design! fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. FANTASTIC card, super effect of the lampshade
    LOVE the font too
    Super colours
    Thanks so much, enjoy your week
    mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful lamp!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful card, I love the lamp!

    Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card, the lamp is fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your lamp shade is fab. Well Done. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love that lampshade.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the lamp and shade - very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Could be Tiffany! Fab card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!