Monday 25 April 2011

OLW 50 - old stamps

I have a lot of old stamps so OLW 50 hosted by Susan was a good excuse to dig them out.  But why stop with old stamps when I've got other stuff that needed to be dug out as well, e.g. Perfect Pearls.

Here's my first attempt which I'm not altogether happy with, hence more attempts. Regardless, I like the 'idea' of this and so even if it's a 'reject', it's up here anyway.


This is an old feather stamp I haven't used for about a year. I thought it would look good with different coloured Perfect Pearls and maybe in the hands of a much better crafter, it would have.  :-) The Thanks stamp is another oldie from Heidi Swapp - well, actually, it's a much bigger clear stamp of which I just inked the thanks bit.
Here's a close up of the feather.

The bottom corner was coloured using coordinating Tim Holtz distress inks in my fave colours: Shabby Shutters and Broken China, and then sprayed with perfect pearls (from a mini mister).





Here are a couple of other attempts using Perfect Pearls and this time, using a retired Stampin Up set - Good Things Grow; well, just one from the set. Sentiment is also from another SU set.

The problem with glimmery effects is that it's so hard to take a photo of. A close-up shows the glimmer but the details of the dandelion are practically invisible.

The last photo is of a card using the rock-and-roll technique (SU Baja Breeze and Marina Mist) - no Perfect Pearls but a touch of embossing for a bit of texture.



That's all from me for OLW. Thanks for stopping by and have a glimmery day!

cheers,
Malyn

5 comments:

  1. Such lovely cards and those soft tones are superb.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards mmmmmmmmmm, lovely glistening goodness, :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, my fave would have to be the feather though :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malyn...the shimmery look is awesome! I love the touch of embossing too! Lovely cards - ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your designs are so beautiful...I am now your newest follower. Hope you will pop by Julie's Open Window, follow along and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!