Tuesday 8 March 2011

PDCC71 - Color Splash x2

I already submitted this wall hanging for PDCC71 - Color Splash challenge. By the way, I'm happy to report that my daughter absolutely loved it and is now proudly up on her feature wall.

BUT, I really wanted to use some twine so I thought I'd enter again. I only have one colour and WISH that I have more. Just look at the colours available from The Twinery - they're all absolutely gorgeous.

I {heart} twine.


Here's my 2nd entry: black and white with a splash of red - the only colour of twine I have.

stamps: Stampers Anonymous - Good Thoughts, Stampin Up - Short and Sweet, polka dot background
inks: SU black, Craft white, Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler
twine: Kikki K

The Stampers Anonymous sentiment has a western feel to it so I thought I'd do a hint of corset - busting of course,  :-) , and tied with twine. The heart is a blend of the two reds (not so obvious on the photo), mounted up with dimensionals, and covered with Glossy Accents.

Now all I have to do is WISH BIG that I somehow win the twine sets (C'mon, make my day). Ha! Frankly, with all the fantastic entries, I probably should just keep wishing. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Malyn it is lovely that you have come back to visit with us in the Play Date Cafe again this week! Love your card - and great use of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the way you've laced that twine! So fun! And the distressing of your sentiment panel fits the sentiment text perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malyn!
    What a great card you made! Totally my style!
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!
    Have a great day!
    Greetings from the other side of the world (Austria),
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!