Sunday 17 July 2016

Live the Life

Pin It

I'm back again to my crafty blog after a few years...w00t! This time, I'm dabbling with art journalling. What a fun way to experiment with various tools and techniques and thinking ink creatively ;)

Here's my most recent one which I'll enter into Scrapbook Boutique's July challenge; in fact, it draws heavily on the mood board particularly with the use of grids, quotes and colours.

My piece is in mixed media:

  • watercolour (Kuretake)
  • pigment ink - Versafine black...results are always crisp even with fine details
  • dye ink - Stampin Up Rose Red, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Not Quite Navy
  • Dylusions paint - White Linen
  • cour pencils (Derwent Academy)
  • white Uniball Signo pen
All stamps are from various Tim Holtz sets except for 'enjoy little things' which is by Kaisercraft.

This was so much fun to create. Here are a couple of closeups:


8 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this. I can instantly see your inspiration from our moodboard and I just love the final result. Wonderful to have you join us at Scrapbook Boutique. We hope you'll play along again.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise!
      I loved, loved, loved creating this. It was a great way to use a lot of my TH stamps, especially the quotes. I certainly hope to keep playing :)

      Delete
  2. Super take on the mood board and a great project! Love the colours, the quotes and the images you have collected here - thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique Malyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. The mood board was inspirational...couldn't resist playing along :)

      Delete
  3. So glad to see you back and what a great start, art journalling is so outta my league, I just love the colour scheme you chose, the whole page is wonderful! So happy you could share it with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the kind words. I used to think art journalling wasn't for me but in fact, it is such a fun way to experiment with different techniques and tools and media. The mood board helped inspire the colour scheme - one of my fave combos - so really just had to play. :)

      Delete
  4. How great to be back crafting again Malyn and what a start! Love your art journalling-such a fun way to play with lots of goodies and get your hand back in so to speak. Hope we'll continue to see your work over at Scrapbook Boutique each month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to come back - with a fantastic art journal page. Love it. Thanks for playing along at Scrapbook Boutique :)

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!