Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CSC #31 - Gone nautical

I've missed a few CASE study challenges - been busy exploring my CAS side.

Challenge #31 and its inspiration card by Julee Tilman drew me in though. It just screamed nautical to me (surprise, surprise). But just look at that layout - so many little details that just scream "CASE, CASE".  So, I did.

Here's my entry. Nautical to me means red, white and blue so that's what I ended up doing. I CASEd a bit, including paper-piecing which I've never tried before, using very small pieces of Stampin Up Designer Series Paper. My favourite is, in fact, a stamped piece used on the stand-alone house.  I didn't have paper with small enough polka dots so I used the vest on the owl from the Stampin Up Punch Bunch sale-a-bration set; bet you didn't recognise it.


stamps: beach houses (had for years), Stampin Up Fabulous phrases and Punch Bunch
ink: SU black and Stampin write markers: red (heart and door), daffodil yellow (star), marina mist (blue moon :-)) and bashful blue (waves)
others: SU ribbon, pearls, scallop punch

I think it's still fairly clean and simple. With the glorious weather today, I feel like heading to the beach...if only.

Have a sunny day everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Malyn, this is too cool! I love your layout, and colours - great job with the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These colors are fantastic! I love your take on this challenge! You did a great job!!! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!