Monday, 17 January 2011

CSC #22- card and gift


Yay! I actually finished in time to submit my entry to the CSC #22. I love the colour combo - Crumb Cake (Kraft) and Baja Breeze - from the inspiration card; reminded me of my entry to CSC #16.

It actually shows two things I absolutely love: reading and stamping! The simple corner embellishment is a really simple origami bookmark. It slips on and off so the (lucky) card recipient can use it. :-)

I wanted to "ruffle" some ribbon but couldn't find anything suitable so I ruffled up lace instead and turned it into a flower....I've always wanted to do that!

I also used a couple of border punches.
cardstock: Stampin Up Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
paper: SU DSP (retired)
stamp: Hero Arts Friend definition, SU Always, Making Memories alphabet

Here's the inspiration card by Mercy Kerin.

6 comments:

  1. This is divine! There is so much about this card I love, but the simple little bow-through-the-loop at the top is such a sweet touch. xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you bak Malyn! this is stunning, love the mix of colour, textures and papers! thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card I love your text background and the folded paper corner!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely take on the challenge! I'm thrilled to be the sponsor over at CASE study this week so thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Malyn, I love your card this week! What a great CASE :) Thank you for playing the CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!