Sunday, 30 January 2011

CASE Study Challenge #24 - Love cards

Here's my entry to CASE Study Challenge #24. Gotta have flowers indeed.

For this one, I tried a technique I saw in this video by Tim Holtz. Basically, you stamp on the embossing folder before embossing and then ink the raised parts. It gives a really interesting effect, even in monochrome. I was surprised that the Stampin Up inks blended well using circular motions just as I would with distressing inks; I've always used dabbing with SU before.

To make the flowers pop a bit, I decided to paint over them with glitter paint (Derivan) boosted with Dazzling Diamonds for a bit more sparkle. I think this provided contrast against the matte background. I made two cards, one of which is mounted on contrasting purple cardstock to match the purple heart brad as well as give a purple tinge to the sparkles.


cardstock: SU whisper white (yes I started with white), Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush
stamps: SU Very vintage, Artistic Etchings
ink: SU Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive

Inspiration card by  Mercy

2 comments:

  1. this technique definately gives a stunning effect Malyn, the colours are gorgeous, the pop of purple and the sparkles are perfect!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malyn, thank you for your kind comment on my blog. This card is STUNNING!!!! The colors and the sparkle are gorgeous - very elegant. It is true that that embossing folder stands on its own. The way you used it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!