Sunday, December 12, 2010

CASE Challenge #18

I've missed a few challenges I normally do; it's been so hectic prepping for Christmas and trying to make all these handmade presents...nice idea but it's time-consuming. Fun, though.

CASE #18 is inspired by this card by Nina. The layout is simple and elegant and that flower is just gorgeous. I love the emboss-resist technique with stamped "circles" and script. These are the elements I chose to CASE.

Here's my challenge entry - French Love :-)

It features both dry-emboss and heat-embossed + emboss-resist technique (how many times can you use a word in a sentence?). The dry-embossed fleur-de-lis has metallic rub-ons on it (red and silver). The whole card has been sprayed with perfect pearls...as yet another layer....just for fun.

There are also multiple layers in terms of paper, ink and language (amour, love).

inks: Versamark, Tim Holtz distress inks - Fired Brick, Black soot
stamps: Stampin Up Artistic Etchings, Tim Holtz (LOVE)
others: Tim Holtz heart mask, Cuttlebug Cut & Emboss, SU ribbon

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully you've been inspired to do a bit of crafting. :-)

4 comments:

  1. love the eiffel tower and the bow~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, love the image, pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love the effect that you achieved - it looks like fireworks over the Eiffel Tower!
    I'm glad you took the time to play with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love this! What an elegant card! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!