Sunday, 7 November 2010

CSC #13 - Christmas


New muse, Heather Pulvirenti, and new challenge (#13) at CASE study challenge blog. Here's my entry.

paper: whisper white, poppy parade
ink: poppy parade, craft white, black
stamps: Sparkly & Bright, Baroque motifs, Delightful Decorations, polka dot background
others: SU ribbon, spellbinders nestabilities - petite circles and scallop circles


It's pretty clear that I copied A LOT from the inspiration card (see below): layout, ribbon, 3 "flowers" and a bit of sparkle.

I really loved the polka dots but didn't have the right paper so I made mine using a polka dot background stamp, white craft ink and embossing powder.  Also, I thought it could do with a button which I custom-made using Delightful decorations: a couple of layers to make it thick enough. I punched out the holes using a piercing tool.

I really had fun making this and it certainly got me started with my 2010 Christmas card stash. Yay!

Inspired by:

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Love the vibrant red against the white backdrop and that adorable ribbon/hemp/button embellishment! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!