Tuesday, November 9, 2010

CSC #13 - Birds

I was really inspired by the current CASE study challenge #13 with a card made by Heather Pulvirenti! so I'm doing it again. In fact, I've got two entries in this blog post - I figure they are different enough to merit entering separately. I'm sure the lovely ladies at CASE will tell me gently if I've done the wrong thing. 


Here's one:


I haven't got one of those beautiful leaf stamps but got inspired to use my Cuttlebug folder and Stampin Up bird punch instead. Here's the result. I've got teh rounded corners, cut-out X3, a few blings, beautiful paper, simple sentiment and ribbon.



paper: SU Urban Garden, paper pizzazz
ink: paper pizzazz, baja breeze
punches: bird, modern label
others: paper pizzazz ribbon, pearls, cuttelbug bird folder

 I love these colours together, so much so that I even sponged them on to the pale bird - you can just make out the colours in the close-up photo. I inked the folder with baja breeze and so it's like a letter press when run through the Cuttlebug. Another technique I liked used here is using a fork to tie a ribbon - granted this ribbon is probably too thick for this technique but I thought it's quite cute.

Here's another one:

Having completed the above, I remembered my Tim Holtz birdcage die and the bird cage paper I've been reserving for 'who knows what'; it was almost a shame to cut it! I can't wait for my SU stamp called Aviary which will allow me to CASE the paper. Ha!

I've still got the rounded corners, beautiful paper, ribbon, simple sentiment, some cut-outs and bling.

 paper: SU whisper white and early espresso, daffodil patterned paper, American Crafts birdcage 
ink: paper pizzazz, early espresso
stamp: french filligree
punches: SU bird, Tim Holtz Caged bird
others: paper pizzazz ribbon, pearls, large flower brad


I may not have those lovely leaf stamps but I do have this beautiful flourish stamp. I just love it.


There you have it - two new entries.

1 comment:

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!