Friday, 26 November 2010

CASE Challenge #16

It's  Heather's  last week at CASE and this is the inspiration card for challenge #16. I really love Heather's style - so clean, simple, elegant.

My entry has been inspired by the following elements:
1. the neutral background
2. scallop circle which extends beyond the base
3. cut-outs (3D)
4. colouring
5. ribbon
6. simple sentiment

Yup, you can say I was inspired!

Here's the product:

 I used Stampin Up cardstock and inks (Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze) and DSP. I've been meaning to use this colour combo for a while so this was a good chance to do just that. Sadly I can't reference the stamp sets because I've lost that information. I think the dress is from an Inkadinkadoo set.

Anyway, the focus of the card is obviously the dress which I chose to be off-centre (not usually my style isn't that what challenges are for - i.e. do what you wouldn't normally do).  When you start pleating ribbon (another technique I tried on a CASE challenge), it's easy to extend to other materials, like bridal tulle! I even did 2 layers of it which hopefully you can make out on the this cropped photo of the dress. Also, I applied fine glitter on the dress itself, rather than the tulle.

This odd photo is to show that (1) I started on Whisper White which didn't match my DSP and (2) colouring in (aqua wash and ink) softened the lines for a better effect.

This was definitely a challenge and one I soooo enjoyed doing...and completing!

Thanks for stopping by and to quote the sentiment "May your day sparkle with happiness!"

5 comments:

  1. oh wow, this is truly stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing Malyn, there are so many elements to love!! the highlights for me are the fabulous colour combination and the ribbon treatment!!!! as i said AMAZING! Thanks for playing along for another week at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! That dress is absolutely gorgeous and the colors are wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is sooo sweet! I just love how you that skirt just pops up like that! What a wonderful, wonderful card! Thanks for playing with is at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. eautiful colours and I LOVE how you did the dress, Malyn! Thank you for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!